[Live-devel] upgrading live555 on android

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Mar 25 22:20:38 PDT 2012

> we're using live555 to stream to android 2.x clients.

Do 'we' not have our own domain name :-)

> we're trying to update our servers from the nov 2010 version to the latest version,
> but we're seeing an issue where the audio stops playing after 2-3 seconds, while video continues. this does not happen with the earlier version of live555.
> our server code did not change, and the client is android RTSP client [does not depend on live555].
> can you offer some insight into what we should check or look into to understand the issue better?

First, I suggest adding

#define DEBUG 1

to the start of "RTSPServer.cpp", and recompiling.  This should tell you a lot about what is happening in your server, at least wrt. RTSP protocol handling.

Also, you should check whether the problem happens just with this one (Android) RTSP client, or with every RTSP client.  In particular, I suggest that you try running "openRTSP" as your client, and see whether it receives all of the audio, or just 2-3 seconds worth.