[Live-devel] Changing the FileSource in test TransportStreamer to BasicUDPSource issue

AJ albert.staubin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:40:10 PDT 2012

I have built a test client that is nothing more than
"testMPEG2TransportStreamer.exe" with a BasicUSPSource instead of a
FileSource. When I make this change the streamer runs into the following
issue that it does not have using a FileSource.  Everything else about the
streamer is the same.  I have included the changed code.

I have to have the client connected to the RTSP server before the transport
streamer starts streaming and all new clients that connect have to wait
until the transport streamer is stopped and restarted to start seeing
anything.  I have tried moving the server to a different computer and this
did not fix the issue.

Between this test client and the issues I was seeing before, it seems like
the BasicUDPSource is where the problem lies, I have not been able to point
to an exact place in the code yet though.

Is anyone familiar with BasicUDPSource and is this expected behavior?  Am I
missing something in the initialization or set up?

Any help would be appreciated.

I replaced the play() function with the following code in
"testMPEG2TransportStreamer.cpp" :

   struct in_addr inputAddress;
   inputAddress.s_addr = NULL;//Raw UDP incoming
   portNumBits inPortNumBits = 5544;
   const Port inputPort(inPortNumBits);
   Groupsock* inputGroupsock = new
Groupsock(*env,inputAddress,inputPort,255);

   //create source
   FramedSource* udpSource = BasicUDPSource::createNew(*env,inputGroupsock);

   // Create a 'framer' for the input source (to give us proper
inter-packet gaps):
   videoSource = MPEG2TransportStreamFramer::createNew(*env, udpSource);
   videoSink->startPlaying(*videoSource,afterPlaying,videoSink);