[Live-devel] Easiest way to implement custom RTSP messages?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 28 02:30:36 PDT 2012

> Thank you for the promptly reply, however you didn't quite answer my question which was "What is the best way to implement custom RTSP messages?"

This is not something that's supported in the code.  You *might* be able to get this to work, however, by subclassing "RTSPServer", and reimplementing the virtual function "handleCmd_notSupported(), and also by subclassing "RTSPClient".  You will get absolutely no help from me on this, though.

> P.S. Compatibility with other clients and/or strictly sticking to the protocol is not my concern at the moment.

But it is my concern.  If you want to do this, then you're on your own.  Sorry.