[Live-devel] Possible missing parameter in MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink::auxSDPLine()

Shaheed Abdol Shaheed at scansoft.co.za
Thu Mar 29 03:15:21 PDT 2012

Thank you Ross,

Your information was spot-on, and I have discovered that I do not need
to subclass the MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink class since the fSource parameter
gets set when the subsession starts playing. I have come across an
interesting limitation though, it turns out that I cannot send out data
due to the sendto call failing in the GroupSockHelper with a WSAEMSGSIZE
error code. I have read through the code, and I see there is a definite
helper function in the GroupSockHelper class called setSendBufferTo,
which requires the socket number in order to set the new send buffer
size for the socket. Only problem is that this variable is declared in
the RTSPServer class as private::fRTSPServerSocket, and no way is
provided to get this socket number so that I can call the
setSendBufferTo function. I am guessing that possibly the only solution
would be to subclass the RTSPServer code and try to set the buffer size
in the constructor or some such similar place when needed, but isn't
there a more elegant solution? I am using a discrete framer, since my
application is serving discrete frames, so using a byteStream is not the
first option for me. I have called the
MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink::setPacketSizes function, but this only gives me
large enough buffers to push data into, it does not do anything to the
underlying operating system buffer (probably by design), but exposes no
clear way (or helper function) to increase socket buffer sizes, or am I
mistaken?

Thank you
Regards

Shaheed Abdol