[Live-devel] Frame loss

Luc Roels lroels at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 02:27:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

We seem to have occasional frame loss when connecting to an Aviglion camera, streaming H264 using RTP over RTSP. We occasionally see blurring in the video. After some inspection we see that sometimes a H264 key frame is missing. Taking a wireshark trace shows it's not a camera problem, the key frame is transmitted and complete ( all RTP timestamps are present up till the frame with the marker bit set ), so livemedia should not throw it away.

Did anyone experience a similar problem or can anyone direct us to the location where we can debug this issue?

I don't know if this is related but when the frame loss occurs we often see an OPTIONS command being sent by livemedia to the camera.

regards,

Luc Roels