[Live-devel] SDP file access

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 1 14:23:13 PDT 2012

> Please guide me how to call .sdp sample files in a test program given in testprogs folder.

Each ".sdp" file contains a SDP descriptions for the multicast streams that's sent by the corresponding "test*Streamer" demo application.  For example, the file "testMPEG2Transport.sdp" contains a SDP description for the multicast stream that's sent by the "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" demo application.

You don't have to use these ".sdp" files.  You could instead just run the corresponding "test*Receiver" application, or enable the "test*Streamer" application's built-in RTSP server, and then use a RTSP client to receive the stream.  But the ".sdp" files give you another possible way to receive these streams.  If you wish, you can use a media player (such as VLC) to open a ".sdp" file, and receive the multicast stream that way.