[Live-devel] x264 Video Stream Stops

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 1 23:33:00 PDT 2012

>    1)  Does my second email have any significance.  What is Live555 writing to the socket now and then in the form of 60 bytes.

RTCP "Reception Report" ("RR") packets.

But anyway, because your colleague is not using our software to develop your server, I can't help you with it.  I suggest that you instead use our "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (or "live555MediaServer") - reading from a H.264 file - as an example of a server that works properly.

Rest assured, however, that our "testRTSPClient" application is working properly.

>    2)  Do I need a KeepAlive mechanism?  Do I implement it with RTSP client's SendGetParameter call with a NULL body?  Or does Live555 do this for us.

Yes, "testRTSPClient" does this automatically (by sending RTCP "RR" packets).