[Live-devel] Returning Subsession/Session in Response Handlers

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 2 18:03:23 PDT 2012

>    I had a design question.  It seems that RequestRecords are contained and held until the Response comes in, at which point the "foundRequest" is used to call the handler.  How hard would it be to pass the fSubsession or fSession that was passed into the request during the fHandler call?  I am interested in the design consideration here.  Thank you.

As a general design principle, functions should have unnecessary (or redundant) parameters.  Because each "RTSPClient" is for a single stream only, and because each RTSP command will be processed and replied to in order, a "RTSPClient" will always be able to figure out which "ServerMediaSession" (or "ServerMediaSubsession") it needs to use when processing the response handler function.  Therefore passing them as parameters to the response handler would be unnecessary.