[Live-devel] [testH264VideoStreamer] removing schedulerTickTask and incomingReportHandler

Sudan Landge - Kopera sudan at koperasw.com
Wed May 9 07:13:02 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

I am taking reference of the sample app testH264VideoStreamer. I found
that there are three processes are scheduled for this app which are:
-> schedulerTickTask
-> RTCPInstance
-> MultiFramedRTPSink

My requirement is only of getting h264 data and streaming it, so I did a
little experiment:
I commented the call to RTCPInstance::incomingConnectionHandler1,
I commented scheduling of schedulerTickTask and RTCPInstance::onExpire

After doing this I compiled the code and tested it using vlc on the
client side. It worked as before.

So now my question is that:  if these tasks are unnecessary, can I
remove them? if not (i.e. if these tasks are required) then, could you
please brief me on the impact, by doing the above changes?

Thanks and regards,
Sudan