[Live-devel] [live_devel] input from buffer and not file in testH264ViedoStreamer

Sudan Landge - Kopera sudan at koperasw.com
Fri May 11 00:38:11 PDT 2012

Hello Ross,

The current "testH264VidesoStreamer" takes input from a file. I want to
feed the streamer from a buffer source and not from a file; I read the
FAQs which had a similar query of taking H264 data from encoder and for
this the DeviceSource.cpp file has to be modified (approach of flushing
and taking data from stdin is not possible in my case). Before starting
to work on this, I wanted to know if there was any reference code that I
could use (i.e. example of implementation of DeviceSource.cpp). If there
is a ready reference then it would be easy to start my work. Also could
you please let me if my approach (of starting from DeviceSource.cpp) is
correct or if there is a better way of doing it.

My requirement is reading data from a buffer and not a file. The read
pointer of buffer will be given to the streamer each time the buffer has
enough data.

Thanks and regards,
Sudan