[Live-devel] HTTP Live Streaming from a camera advice

Richard Cagley rcagley at toyon.com
Tue May 15 11:01:21 PDT 2012

I'm interested in streaming from a camera using HLS. I've looked at the
live555MediaServer application and the liveMedia/DeviceSource.cpp code.
I can't seem to modify the live555MediaServer app in order to not make
it use a .tsx file, which sorta makes me think the FAQ link
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput  is the way to go.
As I'm completely new to live555 I was hoping someone could say HLS from
a camera is possible and I'm heading in the right direction.

Sorry if this is in the mailing lists somewhere. I looked on the key
words I thought would reference this and couldn't find what I was
looking for.
Thanks,
-rich