[Live-devel] Does Test On Demand server support rtsp over http tunneling??

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 16 12:15:20 PDT 2012

Please stop posting the same message - or close to the same message - to the mailing list multiple times!

"testOnDemandRTSPServer" (and the "live555MediaServer") supports RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling (which is really RTSP/RTP/RTCP-over-HTTP tunneling), for *all* streams that it serves.

The HTTP port number is displayed at the bottom, after "testOnDemandRTSPServer" starts up.

You can verify that RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling works, by running the "openRTSP" client, with the "-T <HTTP-port-number>" option.

HOWEVER, RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling currently does not work correctly for the VLC media player.  We can't do anything about this, because VLC is not our application.