[Live-devel] Problem in function RTSPClient::handleResponseBytes and RTSPClient::incomingDataHandler1()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat May 19 00:45:26 PDT 2012

No, I believe that the current code is correct.  We want the response buffer to be large enough to hold all of the response data; if the buffer is not large enough, then that's an error.  That's why we have the code:

   if (newBytesRead >= (int)fResponseBufferBytesLeft) {
      // We filled up our response buffer.  Treat this as an error (for the first response handler):
      envir().setResultMsg("RTSP response was truncated. Increase \"RTSPClient::responseBufferSize\"");
    }

However, the default response buffer size of 20000 bytes should, in practice, be large enough for any conceivable RTSP response, so I don't understand why you would be filling up the buffer.  (Note that the data that we're receiving here should only be RTSP responses, even for RTP-over-RTSP streams.)