[Live-devel] Streaming over Wifi with no receiver

Ashfaque ashfaque at iwavesystems.com
Tue May 22 01:58:14 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

Now we are able to stream over Wifi with receiver application running on iOS device.
But we are getting a very large propagation delay ranging from 200ms initially when application to more than 1.5 sec after some 5-10 minutes duration. We are using a camera which produces 30fps.
We had calculated the time needed for capture and H264 encode the frame which is always lesser than the frame rate (33ms for 30fps)
Trying to find where the delay is, Server side or the receiver side.

Does live555 internal layer waits until the frames arrive in time order (As fPresentationTime is used for each frame), or can we drop frames if they are not in order? Can this help us to overcome the issue of propagation delay?

Please suggest any other areas which can cause the propagation delay?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ashfaque