[Live-devel] Is it possible to override the RTP port chosen by the server?

Renato MAURO (Libero) renatomauro at libero.it
Mon May 21 11:20:30 PDT 2012

Hello Ross.

    Some Samsung cameras (SNB-5000, SND-5080, SNO-5080) choose the RTP destination port; kindly, the Live555 RTSPClient respect this request.
    Instead Samsung, unkindly, doens't let us disable this feature or set the desired port up via the camera's configuration web page; so sometimes two or more cameras (and all after power on) choose the same port: so some streams starve and other ones receive frames coming from two or more cameras.

    Could you please tell me if and where subclassing in order to make Live555 refuse the port chosen by the camera and answer with a port chosen by the OS (hoping the camera will accept the change; if not, sadly I'll have to contact Samsung or change supplier)?

    Here linked you find two files reporting the RTSP messages.

Thank you very much,

    Renato MAURO