[Live-devel] might be an specification mismatch in testH264VideoToTransportStream

Tarun Batra tbatra18 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:55:23 PDT 2012

Hello Sir

I am new to live media,i used live media server to stream over http using a
transport stream file made from testH264VideoToTransportStream.exe, on my
client side when i used to receive the file i was not able to receive it
properly(i mean i doesn't play properly) but if i used the same file made
from ts muxer software available from internet and receive the file using
my client it plays properly,i made my receiver program i am removing ts
header and tcp header.i have made my receiver program acc to following
specification
"Packets are 188 bytes in length,[5] but the communication medium may add
some error correction bytes to the packet. ISDB-T and DVB-T/C/S uses 204
bytes and ATSC 8-VSB, 208 bytes as the size of emission packets (transport
stream packet + FEC data). ATSC transmission adds 20 bytes of Reed-Solomon
forward error correction to create a packet that is 208 bytes long.[8]"

The following specification is available on the wikipedia"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_transport_stream"

Can u tell me what might be a problem or what should i do to receive the
transport stream file made from testH264VideoToTransportStream.exe.

Thanks