[Live-devel] Is it possible to override the RTP port chosen bythe server?

Renato MAURO (Libero) renatomauro at libero.it
Thu May 24 09:51:49 PDT 2012

Hello Ross.

    Thank you very much for your suggestions. Now it works.

    Actually I wrote
    if (fClientPortNum != 0 && (IsMulticastAddress(tempAddr.s_addr) || isSSM() ) {

>>hoping the camera will accept the change
>That's the big question - i.e., if, for these cameras, the client were to choose its ports itself, would the server (the camera) accept this?

    Now only (sorry), reading the RFC2326 C.1.2, I learned that "If the session is unicast, the port number serves as a recommendation from the server to the client; the client still has to include it in its SETUP request and may ignore this recommendation.". So, I suppose, any server must accept the change and, kindly, Samsung cameras do.

Thank you again,

    Renato MAURO