[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer and pipes

Anthony Brown av at bsbc.nb.ca
Wed May 30 06:22:05 PDT 2012

Is it possible to use MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer either reading from a
pipe (named or unnamed) or from stdin?  A brief look at the source
suggests that a named pipe would work, unless seeking is used somewhere.
  If it would work from a named pipe then rewriting main() to use stdin
would allow it to be used on the end of a pipe or redirection.... yes?

My ultimate goal here is to record a transport stream from firewire and
write it to disk while simultaneously generating an index file to allow
me to stream the file with trick play capability while it is still being
recorded.

--

Anthony Brown
Audiovisual coordinator