[Live-devel] Integrating live555 RTSP client

Constantin Savtchenko csavtche at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:40:42 PDT 2012

Hi Felix,
   I am doing a similar project.  My approach has been exactly as you
described it.

  The documentation notes that Live555 runs in a single a thread and
library calls should not be done from multiple threads, so I have the
BasicTaskScheduler running in its own thread and hogging it.  Just like
you, I will use a condition variable to extract the the newest decoded
frame.  As an additional point, I am doing the decoding within the Live555
framework by subclassing a MediaSink.

  This is in an interesting design question.  I have a feeling that the
expected way to do it though would be to subclass the TaskScheduler per
your application needs instead of using the BasicTaskScheduler.

Constantin