[Live-devel] RTP header in an MPEG2-TS

Zahira Ammarguellat zammargu at marvell.com
Mon Nov 5 06:08:09 PST 2012

Ross,

Yes that's what I mean.
Thanks much!

-Zahira

From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com [mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live555.com] On Behalf Of Ross Finlayson
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 7:54 AM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] RTP header in an MPEG2-TS

I have an encapsulated MPEG2-TS input stream with RTP header.

By this I assume you mean that your input stream consists of RTP packets containing MPEG-2 TS data.

Is LiveMedia able to parse such stream? Can it extract those RTP headers and return the stream without them?

Yes.  Note, for example, the code for the "testMPEG2TransportReceiver" demo application, which does this - it receives a stream of RTP packets that contain MPEG-2 Transport Stream data, and writes the Transport Stream data to a file.

See "testProgs/testMPEG2TransportReceiver.cpp".  Of course, to use it on your stream, you'll probably need to change "sessionAddressStr" and "rtpPortNum".