[Live-devel] To read H264 file and stream MPEG2TS

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 14 18:08:39 PST 2012

> Thank you. I am aggregating 7 TS packets now.
> My VLC still complains because of high bitrate.
>
> is there way to delay reading from H264 file?

The "H264VideoStreamFramer" class automatically sets the duration of each frame (i.e., the "fDurationInMicroseconds") based on what it thinks is the stream's frame rate.  Unfortunately, if the input source does not specify a frame rate - in a "SPS" NAL unit - then the code assumes a (commonly-used) frame rate of 25 frames-per-second.

I suspect that your input H.264 video file does not begin with a "SPS" NAL unit.  Unless it does, the code will not be able to figure out the stream's correct frame rate.