[Live-devel] Reg: MPEG2TS over UDP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 20 11:40:48 PST 2012

> Is there any way to configure the live555 server to send TS data over UDP only?

Perhaps.  However, the situation is complicated by the fact that there is no standard defined for how to specify raw-UDP streaming within the RTSP protocol.  Different 'raw-UDP' RTSP clients - because they are non-standard - may use the RTSP protocol in different (perhaps non-standard) ways.  (For example, the Amino set-top box client doesn't use the RTSP "PLAY" command at all.  Instead, it uses only the RTSP "SETUP" command, without sending "PLAY".)

So, to answer your question, I'd need to know how your client works.  So, could you please send us the RTSP protocol exchange between your client and our RTSP server (serving a Transport Stream file)?  To do this, add the line

#define DEBUG 1

to the start of "liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp", recompile the server, and rerun it.