[Live-devel] live555ProxyServer crashes on back-end stream disconnection

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Nov 24 00:23:57 PST 2012

> here are the steps to reproduce,
> prepare a back-end stream for testing with: vlc rtsp://<CAMERA_URL> --sout=#rtp{sdp=rtsp://<LOCAL_IP>/Video}
> play the proxied stream with: vlc rtsp://<LOCAL_IP>/Video
> stop back-end stream in step 1 by pressing Stop button in VLC interface
> live555MediaServer crashes
I'm confused, for several reasons:
- Your "Subject:" line says that the "live555ProxyServer" crashes, but in step 4 you say that "live555MediaServer" crashes.
- In your steps, you don't mention "live55ProxyServer" at all.  Also, "live555ProxyServer" produces a (front-end, proxied) stream whose URL ends with "proxyStream", not "Video".
- The command lines that you give to VLC in steps 1 and 2 have nothing to do with our proxy server implementation (which is not used in VLC at all).