[Live-devel] WG: problem with rtp streaming after upgrading from VLC 2.0.3 to VLC 2.0.4

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 30 06:15:58 PST 2012

> I can no longer stream RTP from my embedded gstreamer server to VLC.
> A bug report exists at VLC (#7786) but the developer answering the bug report closed it saying that the problem is in the used live555 libraries.
> The bug reporter claims that the live555 library changed from VLC 2.0.3 (2011.12.23) to VLC 2.0.4 (2012.09.13)
> The VLC developer(Courmisch) also thought that the Reporter had a faulty SDP file. II am experiencing the same problem but other than having updated from VLC 2.0.3 to VLC 2.0.4, nothing has changed.

It's difficult for us to help people with problems with VLC, because VLC is not our software (even though it uses our library for its RTSP client implementation).

You should instead run our "testRTSPClient" demo application (see <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/#testProgs>), or "openRTSP" <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/>.  Either of these applications will show the RTSP protocol exchange between our client software and your server; this should tell you what's going wrong.