[Live-devel] SIP Stack issue on BYE

NADEAU Frederic -EXT frederic.nadeau at transport.alstom.com
Mon Oct 1 11:36:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

We found an issue in SIPClient.cpp in function sendBye() http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/SIPClient_8cpp-source.html
line 682 reads:
      "CSeq: %d ACK\r\n"
It should be changed for
      "CSeq: %d BYE\r\n"

Our setup is as follow:
FreeSWITCH Version 1.2.0-rc2+git~20120730T235848Z~3b5b59e693
Default install, except that we disabled register.

playSIP works fine, except that when we kill the session,(playSIP sends BYE), both Wireshark and FreeSWITCH log shows that FreeSWITCH return a BAD REQUEST to the BYE REQUEST.

This would comply with RFC 3261. RFC 3665 has numerous examples.
See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3665 page 22 for a quick example.

Thanks for Live555,
Frédéric Nadeau

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.