[Live-devel] RTP over RTSP: client sending RR "early"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 4 08:47:53 PDT 2012

> We suspect that the problem is now reversed: after the client sends the
> PLAY request,
> it receives RTP/RTCP data over the TCP connection before it receives the
> 200 OK

Ralf,

Thanks for the report.  I've just installed a new version (2012.10.04) of the code that should fix this.  When a "RTSPClient" requests RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streaming, it is (once again) prepared to handle incoming RTP/RTCP-over-TCP data as soon as it receives the "SETUP" response, but doesn't start sending RTCP "RR" packets until after it receives the "PLAY" response.