[Live-devel] Suggestions

Bruno Marchand Bruno.Marchand at averna.com
Thu Oct 4 09:23:03 PDT 2012

Hi,
I have two suggestions of modification to the code.  Well, it is at least things I've added to the library I'm using.

The first modification is to avoid compilation warnings under windows.  It is just to add the file "errno.h" in "Netcommon.h".  This way the redefinition warnings do not appear and disappear depending on inclusion order.

  #if defined(__WIN32__) || defined(_WIN32) || defined(_WIN32_WCE)
  /* Windows */
  #if defined(WINNT) || defined(_WINNT) || defined(__BORLANDC__) || defined(__MINGW32__) || defined(_WIN32_WCE) || defined (_MSC_VER)
  #define _MSWSOCK_
  #include <winsock2.h>
  #include <ws2tcpip.h>
  #endif
  #include <windows.h>
+ #include <errno.h>
  #include <string.h>

The second suggestion is about the stream replicator.  I observed that component do not pass doStopGettingFrame to its source.  I don't know if it is on purpose though.  In my application, the source needs to know when all replicas stop so I added this to the end of the function "deactivateStreamReplica":

  if(fNumActiveReplicas == 0)
  {
    fInputSource->stopGettingFrames();  //last replica stop, pass message to source
  }

I hope these suggestions can be of some use.
Regards,

Bruno Marchand