[Live-devel] modify live555ProxyServer to support multicast

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 10 12:22:44 PDT 2012

> Now I want to modify ProxyServerMediaSubsession to inherit PassiveServerMediaSubsession(not OnDemandServerMediaSubsession ).

As is stated clearly in the FAQ (that everyone was asked to read before posting to the mailing list!), you should not "modify" the existing code.  Instead, you would write your own new class (called, e.g., "myProxyServerMediaSubsession") that inherits from "PassiveServerMediaSubsession" (and does whatever you want).

However, I don't have the time to explain to you the (many) details of how to do this, so please don't ask.