[Live-devel] How to re transmit

Matt Schuckmann matt at schuckmannacres.com
Mon Oct 15 15:34:19 PDT 2012

There are more advanced options, depending on your h.264 encoder. For
example the TI h.264 encoder supports a couple of features, Temporal
Scalability and  Chain Free P Frame encoding.
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/H.264_DM36x_Ver_2.0_Codec#Scalable_video_coding_.E2.80.93_Temporal
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/H.264_DM36x_Ver_2.0_Codec#Chain_Free_P_frame_encoding

Both of which allow one to transmit and decode some subset of the
encoded bit stream, usually on some even multiple of the key frame
frequency.

Both of these methods requires you to know or at least discover some
pretty detailed information about the bit stream you are retransmitting
but it can be done.

Matt S.