[Live-devel] New "LIVE555 Streaming Media" version, makes servers handle RTP/RTCP-over-TCP send() failures more gracefully

Ralf Globisch rglobisch at csir.co.za
Tue Oct 16 13:51:18 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

> I have installed a new version (2012.10.16) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software that makes servers handle this a bit more gracefully. If the initial '$' send succeeds, but one of the remaining data send()s (i.e, the 'stream channel id', packet size, or packet data) fails with 'EAGAIN', then we force those send()s to succeed, by temporarily blocking if necessary.

Ok, super! Only saw this post after I sent my previous monster of an email. I'm hoping that I was seeing a symptom of what you describe. On the other hand though there are no failed TCP writes in our server logs (at least in the beginning of streaming), so perhaps there is still another issue.

> (So, Ralf should now upgrade his server(s) to use the latest version of the software.)

Thanks for your continuous efforts. We will deploy this version shortly and provide you with feedback asap.

Regards,
Ralf

and is believed to be clean.