[Live-devel] RTSP_BUFFER_SIZE=10000 not big enough for larger SDP

Matt Schuckmann matt at schuckmannacres.com
Wed Oct 17 10:56:53 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,
We are putting a rather large custom calibration structure (xml text) in
the SDP for our media sessions and we ran into a limit on the server side.
In the RTSPServer code the fResponseBuffer and fRequestBuffer are both
limited by the #define of RTSP_BUFFER_SIZE which is set to 10000.

For now I've just changed the code to a larger size, but I'm wondering
if there is something else I should be doing? I figure at a minimum it
should be changed to allow one to change this value via a -D option in
the makefile.

Thanks,
Matt S.