[Live-devel] No RTSP session is currently in progress

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 19 12:04:03 PDT 2012

> I temporarily solved my problem by calling the old setupMediaSubsession instead of sendSetupCommand.
>
> I know that is not very nice.

No, it's exactly right.  If you use the old synchronous RTSPClient interface, then *all* of your "RTSPClient" function calls should be from that old interface.

Your problem was apparently that you called "sendSetupCommand()" - a function from the new asynchronous interface - but then called a function to send a RTSP "PLAY" before you had handled a response to the RTSP "SETUP" command.

Functions from the new asynchronous interface (except, perhaps, for the initial "sendDescribeCommand()" call) need to be called from within event handlers - i.e., after you've already called "doEventLoop()" to enter the application's event loop.