[Live-devel] PresentationTimeSessionNormalizer, again!

Bruno Marchand Bruno.Marchand at averna.com
Sun Oct 21 04:28:20 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,
I found a small bug in the "PresentationTimeSessionNormalizer" class.  It can be reproduced with the live555ProxyServer so it is unrelated to the fact I'm using it in my application and I'm not complaining!  ;)

The symptoms occurs when I use a multi subsession source such as my camera which stream H264 and AAC.  The proxy server do RTCP synchronize both of the streams with the camera.  When a client like testRTSPclient connects to the proxy server, only one stream will RTCP synchronize, usually the h264.

The fix is just a matter of moving a curly brace.  The "if" where the master normalizer is set also controls the part where the RTPsinks get RTCP enabled so only the "master stream" emit RTCP reports.  I included a patch which resolves the bug.

I hope this can be of some help,
Bruno Marchand