[Live-devel] regarding sps/pps in live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 23 00:17:03 PDT 2012

> So I guess live555 would parse the sps/pps from the h264 stream, but I don’t know whether live555 stores these value.

Yes it does.  The "H264VideoStreamFramer" (or "H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer") object - which precedes the "H264VideoRTPSink" object in the data stream - will store copies of the SPS and PPS NAL units when it sees them.  Those will get encoded and included in the stream's SDP description (in the response to each client's RTSP "DESCRIBE" command).

>          Currently if I use VLC to access the rtsp server, in the first time, it would play correctly. And if I stop it , then access it again, it would also shows that “waiting for sps/pps”.

This is apparently a VLC problem, which we can't help you with (because VLC is not our software).