[Live-devel] Possible bug report, and a question

owen at metamachine.com owen at metamachine.com
Tue Sep 4 08:35:32 PDT 2012

I've found a possible 'bug' that might just be an extra variable decl, but
might be a cut'n'paste bug.

In liveMedia/MP3Internals.cpp, in the member function
MP3FrameParams::getSideInfo(MP3SideInfo&), there's a var declared named
i_stereo.

It gets initialized, but never used.

It looks like it might want to be used in the subsequent call to
getSideInfo1() instead of passing in ms_stereo, but I don't know the code
base well enough yet.

----

I'm auditing the code for possible inclusion in a moderately sized but
high-traffic civil application (Toll road monitoring which includes h.264
cameras).

I'm getting up-to-speed on the framework slowly.  The code is very
approachable: well-chosen abstractions and the framework seems made for
extending by deriving existing classes that only make appropriate members
virtual.

Is someone writing an O'Reilly book on this yet?

  // Wally

Wallace Owen
Kapsch TrafficCom