[Live-devel] windows, live555, tcp transport

Звягинцев Антон zvyagintsev at atlantis.ru
Tue Sep 4 23:52:15 PDT 2012

Hello.

I am working on rtsp client software. Everything works fine until the
transport on the server side was changed to tcp. I got the 461 error in
"after-setup" handler. Ok, this is the easiest part - I just make some
modification to code and handle this case (another try to setup session is
done with the call to sendSetupCommand() and streamUsingTcp set to "true",
hope this is enough?). No errors but also no incoming data in MediaSink
object - my client just stuck in loop without any notification of data.

I tried to use openrtsp: openRTSP -n -t -b 262144 "rtsp://myurl"

the last lines of output:

Received a complete PLAY response:

RTSP/1.0 200 OK

CSeq: 6

Session: c2f

Started playing session

Receiving streamed data...

Data packets have begun arriving [1346827501853]

openRTSP create file for stream (h264) but it is empty no matter how much
time i wait.

In other way the latest VLC Player (afaik it uses live555) able to play
rtsp://myurl without any problems.

At first glance this looks like a problem with my build of live555 - I build
live555 and openrtsp myself using ms vc 2010.

Any ideas or suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks in advance