[Live-devel] How is the best way to realize it ?

Raph fraph at free.fr
Tue Sep 4 14:18:46 PDT 2012

Thaks for this lot of informations.

The things I realized are somewhere 'bad' way to realize it, but what I
did is :

Copy WAVAdioFileSource.cpp to ReaStreamAudio.cpp my own file
Copy WAVAudioFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp to
ReaStreamFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp

with they corresponding .hh files. and recompile all of it.

Based with the testOnRTSPServer.cpp sample code I could do some tests that
worked.

Things that are doing in a very bad way is just that I just remove some
lines of code and delcare explicitely some variables like frequency,
bytespersamples, etc...

I really should have to use the object oriented implementation, but it
needs some times to learn it at all.

It's works !

But there is only one trouble to do it efficiently, which is :

If I want to stream from home my own mix with 48k/24b I need at least 250k
upload to do it in real time...
So with my dsl connexion I've only 100k which is not enough...

It's a problem of banddwidth about uploading datas. (fuck this limit).

I wait to get an fiber or an VDSL connexion to realize it from home, and I
will test all of these soft with an real optical fiber dsl connexion to
chack it !

All of my tests, like simulate an udp stream that would come from my home
directly on the server (cat rawWaveFile > /tmp/my_pipe) works very well to
get back an RSTP stream of 48k/24b audio file.

It's a real pleasure to discover Live555 open source code to test it on an
real media server. It works very well.

Best regards

Grag38

ps : For people that are interested streaming live audio streaming : look
at Reaper Software (http://www.reaper.fm and look at the ReaStram plugin
that can stream until 8 tracks in real time audio without compression. But
to do it, you really need a lot of bandwidth.

If someone needs some explanations, he can mail me about it.

--
Utilisant le logiciel de courrier révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/