[Live-devel] Filestreaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 6 08:09:36 PDT 2012

> maybe I have found a bug!?!
>
> In the method
>
> void RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection::setRTSPResponse(char const* responseStr)
> {
>   snprintf((char*)fResponseBuffer, sizeof fResponseBuffer,
>          "RTSP/1.0 %s\r\n"
>          "CSeq: %s\r\n"
>          "%s\r\n" ---> should be "%s"
>          "Session: %08X\r\n\r\n",
>          responseStr,
>          fCurrentCSeq,
>          dateHeader(),
>          sessionId);
> }

Yes, this is a bug - thanks.  (Fortunately, it affected only responses to "PAUSE" commands (and some "GET_PARAMETER" and "SET_PARAMETER commands) - not the more common "DESCRIBE", "SETUP", or "PLAY" commands.)

I have just installed a new version (2012.09.06) of the code that fixes this bug.

> Another question:
>
> On client-side I use the method "MediaSubsession::getNormalPlayTime". All works fine for the first play-command. But after the send of a second play-command the method returns wrong values with the receive of a new RTCP "SR" packet. Whats going wrong?

I don't know, because you haven't provided nearly enough information.  Do both the RTSP client and the RTSP server use our code, or just the RTSP client?  Please provide the complete RTSP protocol exchange (including both "PLAY" commands) between your client and your server, up to the point at which you believe the call to "getNormalPlayTime()" returns an incorrect result.