[Live-devel] Warning on MacOSX

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 6 17:03:35 PDT 2012

> Line 73 in DelayQueue.hh throws a warning when compiling for macosx.

That's odd; it doesn't for me.

> I've temporarily surrounded it with but this may not be the cleanest fix:
>
> #pragma GCC diagnostic push
> #pragma GCC diagnostic ignored "-Wconversion"
>   Timeval(time_base_seconds seconds, time_base_seconds useconds) {
>     fTv.tv_sec = seconds; fTv.tv_usec = useconds;
>   }
> #pragma GCC diagnostic pop

The only problem with this is that it's GCC-specific; I'm unsure how other compilers (i.e., compilers other than GCC) might respond to those "#pragma"s.

A better solution would be to add
	-DTIME_BASE=int
to the COMPILE_OPTS line in "config.macosx", and then rerun "genMakefiles macosx" (and then recompile).

If that works OK with you, then let us know, and I'll make this change (to "config.macosx") in the next release of the software.