[Live-devel] Possible bug (and fix)?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 7 15:25:48 PDT 2012

Thanks for the report.  I have now installed a new version (2012.09.07) that should fix the problem (with receiving RTP-over-TCP on Windows).

(FYI: The bug got accidentally introduced back in version 2012.07.24, when we added a fix to better handle the disconnection of the remote end of TCP sockets.  Unfortunately, however, that fix broke a separate, earlier workaround for a bug in Windows - so the Windows bug ended up accidentally reemerging.  The latest version of the software should fix both.  But this situation illustrates, yet again, that Windows is rapidly becoming more trouble than it's worth.  I hope those of you who - for whatever reason - have chosen to develop only for Windows have an exit strategy in mind :-)