[Live-devel] NAL processing order.

johan info at nnuvo.org
Sun Sep 9 04:20:41 PDT 2012

I am currently sending NAL packets with the following
setup, server side.

This stream is H264 AVC format. I am delivering single NAL units
(With AVC start codes) to H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer from a
Device subclass which in turn feeds to a H264VideoRTPSink;

The H264VideoRTPSink is initiated with the proper sps pps settings.
(The avc format i am working with seems to have a static set)

all is well in delivery except when the NAL's look like MPEG NALS
00 00  xx xx. (warning nal type:0) You had mentioned in a
previous question there should be no start codes, however the
decoder (client side) certainly requires it for immediate play.

Are the start codes somehow reconstructed client side with a
proper setup? Does this include h264 parsing like combining
slice NAL's or am I on my own for this. This is what the sprops
/ sps pps are intended to do... But I have been unsuccessful in
doing this client side for decoder prep.

My guess would be feeding the stream too an h264FileSink or
H264VideoRTPSource and then trying the output from that.

Any advice would be great, little stumped.