[Live-devel] Is this a known issue in MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource?

jing li lijing0010 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 06:38:16 PDT 2012

Hi
I'm trying to streaming a ts from from 264 es stream, the pipeline is like:
ByteStreamFileSource->H264VideoStreamFramer->MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource->MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.
While at the end of playback, there's a little chance to crash.

In MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.cpp,
void MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource::awaitNewBuffer(unsigned char*
oldBuffer)
There's a piece of code like:
  // No filled-in buffers are available. Ask each of our inputs for data:
  for (sourceRec = fInputSources; sourceRec != NULL;
       sourceRec = sourceRec->next()) {
    sourceRec->askForNewData();
  }

After sourceRec->askForNewData(), the sourceRec may be destructed, and the
"sourceRec=sourceRec->next()" will be a wild pointer.

I'm not sure if I'm wrong or this has been reported before.

Thanks