[Live-devel] Regarding the audio and video sync

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 17 01:07:30 PDT 2012

> But unfortunately, I use vlc to access it, it can’t work correctly.    If video is appear, then audio disappears. Otherwise, audio appears, video disappears.

This is probably because the presentation time ("fPresentationTime") values for the audio and video streams are not properly synchronized.  Remember, the audio and video presentation times need to come from the same time base, which needs to be aligned with 'wall clock' time (the time that you would get by calling "gettimeofday()").  You haven't said what your "GetTimeScale()" function (the function that sets the first presentation time for each substream) does, but it needs to be equivalent to calling "gettimeofday()".

In any case, I've spent enough time on this - so this will be my last posting on this topic.