[Live-devel] Re-connection handling

Erlandsson, Claes P (CERLANDS) CERLANDS at arinc.com
Mon Sep 17 08:50:42 PDT 2012

This is the first time you've mentioned an exception.  (Previously, you said
just that the stream failed to reconnect afterwards.)

I've attached a modified version of our "testRTSPClient.cpp" demo
application.  It starts playing the specified stream - as usual - but then,
after 60 seconds, sends another "PLAY" command (to seek by 'absolute time').
Please build and run this version of "testRTSPClient", unplugging your
Ethernet cable after the initial "PLAY" command.  See if an exception occurs
after 60 seconds (when the second "PLAY" command (seeking) is sent).

If you get an exception in this (modified) "testRTSPClient" application,
then let us know; this indicates a bug in the LIVE555 code.  If, however,
you don't get an exception in this application, then it suggests that the
problem occurs only in *your* application, in which case you're going to
have to figure this out for yourself.

There is no problem with the liveMedia code, i.e. the testRTSPClient you
provided worked fine when I did my disconnect testing.

Thanks to this I found the issue. When doing the seek I had the response
handler set to continueAfterPLAY instead of NULL. Since the resultCode after
the disconnect was -10057 that triggered a call to shutdownStream(). As I
after that used the rtspClient pointer it obviously led to the random
exceptions I experienced.

Your support is very much appreciated. Sorry for bothering you with this
issue.

/Claes