[Live-devel] MPEG1or2DemuxedElementaryStream use

Zahira Ammarguellat zammargu at marvell.com
Wed Sep 19 13:01:34 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am a very beginner user of live555 use and would like some clarification.  I have a program that is able to take an input media file and create an MPEG2-TS file/stream from this input. That works fine for now although I get a lot of dropped packets. But I will not for now worry about this problem yet.
Now what I would like to produce is a de-muxed audio/video streams instead of a single MPEG2-TS stream (this stream has PCR, DTS and PTS included). Can I use the MPEG1or2DemuxedElementaryStream method to do that or MPEG1or2Demux should be used? Do these streams get created with time info? Can they be parsed/decoded and rendered?
Thanks,

-Z.