[Live-devel] live555ProxyServer issue

kingaceck kingaceck at 163.com
Tue Sep 25 02:43:00 PDT 2012

hi

I had asked:

     I use live555ProxyServer at the LAN,when more then two client connect to the server playing mp4 file(1080p h264 aac),there are many mosaic and the sound is off and on .If one client connect to the server it is ok.why?

Your anwser is:
Most likely, packet loss.  You probably don't have sufficient network capacity to support this number of separate clients.

I made a test of  the network capacity :I use FTP to send the data,the network capacity is 5M/s at least.
When the mosaic exists at the client I see the server send data at the speed of 2.5M/s.So I think the network doesn't arrive it's max capacity.
I read the source and found the live555ProxyServer send data like this :

Boolean Groupsock::output(UsageEnvironment& env, u_int8_t ttlToSend,
  unsigned char* buffer, unsigned bufferSize,
  DirectedNetInterface* interfaceNotToFwdBackTo) {
  do {
    // First, do the datagram send, to each destination:
    Boolean writeSuccess = True;
    for (destRecord* dests = fDests; dests != NULL; dests = dests->fNext) {
      if (!write(dests->fGroupEId.groupAddress().s_addr, dests->fPort, ttlToSend,
 buffer, bufferSize)) {
writeSuccess = False;
break;
      }
    }
    if (!writeSuccess) break;
    statsOutgoing.countPacket(bufferSize);
    statsGroupOutgoing.countPacket(bufferSize);

So I guess ,the more "dests",the more times  this code  need to excute.
At the client I can grap the rtp packet .But when playing using vlc there are some message:

main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 600 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 215 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 135 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 279 ms)
main warning: picture is too late to be displayed (missing 199 ms)
main error: pictures leaked, trying to workaround
main error: pictures leaked, trying to workaround
main error: pictures leaked, trying to workaround
main error: pictures leaked, trying to workaround

avcodec error: more than 5 seconds of late video -> dropping frame (computer too slow ?)
main error: pictures leaked, trying to workaround

When the messages show,there are many mosaic exist on the video.

I have two questions:
(1)
What's the probably reason of the mosaic ?

(2)
I want to relay the rtp packet directly (don't analysis the packet then packet it),what should I to do?

Thank you very much.

2012-09-25

kingaceck