[Live-devel] H264VideoRTPSink type cast issue

Serge.Grondin at miranda.com Serge.Grondin at miranda.com
Wed Apr 3 10:24:51 PDT 2013

Hi there,

I recently updated to the latest version of the library (March 23rd 2013
version) but I came across a new issue with H264VideoRTPSink.  In the
function doSpecialFrameHandling there is "specific" type cast of the frame
source to H264VideoStreamFramer but since my source is not this class, my
code now crashes.  The easy work-around for me is to derive a new sink
class from H264VideoRTPSink and overwrite the problematic function, but,
although it is declared virtual, the function is private in the header file
(which is pretty much useless to use the keyword virtual in this case).
Can you make this function protected in you next release?  This way I won't
have to patch the library and this will also bring a solution for other
people who uses the H264VideoRTPSink with a different input source than
H264VideoStreamFramer.

Thanks!

Serge

DISCLAIMER:

Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not
copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you
should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given
nor endorsed by the company.

Thank You.