[Live-devel] RTP over RTSP broken with VLC and latest lib.

Serge.Grondin at miranda.com Serge.Grondin at miranda.com
Thu Apr 11 09:20:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

I don't if this problem was reported before, I just find out yesterday when
doing some testing with April 1st version.  Streaming over TCP is now
broken because of a recent change in the lib, I debugged it and this is the
faulty line file OnDemandSeverMediaSubsession.cpp (line 463)

  if (fRTCPInstance != NULL) {
    // Hack: Send an initial RTCP "SR" packet, before the initial RTP
packet, so that receivers will (likely) be able to
    // get RTCP-synchronized presentation times immediately:
    fRTCPInstance->sendReport();
  }

In TCP mode it is breaking the PLAY server answer to the client, here is
the Wireshark grab of the RTSP communication:

PLAY rtsp://10.6.4.140:5554/test/ RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 5
Session: 89934BBE
Range: npt=0.000-

$..8....N.....^..5.J...m............N.....ca-rd-sgrondin....RTSP/1.0 200 OK
CSeq: 5