[Live-devel] BasicUsageEnvironment and liveMediaPriv!=NULL with TCP streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 11 18:01:00 PDT 2013

> I’m running the latest version ( live.2013.04.08.tar.gz ) on Windows 7, for both rtsp client and server.  I believe I have read all the old archives relating to basicUsageEnvironment->reclaim() and that basicUsageEnvironment->liveMediaPriv  will be null if you close all your mediums.
>
> I am finding that is indeed the case if you use UDP with the RTSPClient and liveMediaPriv is null after I shut everything down (Medium:close).
>
> If I set RTSPClient to use TCP streaming, liveMediaPriv doesn’t ever seem to be null.  This is very reproducible within my code, but I was wondering if anyone else can reproduce this behavior, or have any hints on some extra step in clean-up I may be missing.

Unfortunately I tried this just now with the "testRTSPClient" demo application (after modifying it to request RTP-over-TCP streaming, set the 'watch variable' and exit the event loop, and then call "env->reclaim()"), and wasn't able to reproduce this.  Sorry.

(I assume that you have a good reason for not running your client within its own process, and just calling "exit(0)" at the end.  Many people *do* have a good reason for not doing this, but a lot of people these days don't seem to understand processes and "exit()", so I have to ask...)