[Live-devel] Support required for Live555 Media Server

Nambirajan nambirajan.manickam at i-velozity.com
Fri Apr 12 02:19:35 PDT 2013

Hi,

This is Nambirajan from I-Velozity India Private Limited,

We are testing the Live555 Media Server for one of our application. While
doing so we are facing the following problems and queries.

Can you please help in this regard to solve the issue?

1.      We have installed the Live555 Media Server on Red Hat Linux version
6.2 system. The Processor is Intel Pentium Dual core running at 2.6 GHz with
2GB DDR2 RAM

We run multiple instances of OpenRTSP client program / VLC player
application on 34 client systems and used the RTSP Server to stream to 34
clients. In this scenario

The CPU utilization of our Live555 RTSP Server has reached approximately 92%
for streaming. Beyond this, the RTSP stream in the first client system
starts to freeze and play

Is it true that each instance of streaming will take this much CPU
resources? Is it common for all types of machines irrespective of its
configuration?

2.      Is it possible to run two instances of Live555 Media Server
application in the same Server simultaneously?

3.      Is it possible for us to make the Live555 Media Server to assign the
IP address of our wish. Example: There are two NIC ( Network Interface Card
)in the system,

onboard as well as PCI card based NIC. Is it possible to make the Live555
Media server to take the PCI based NIC IP Address instead of onboard NIC IP
Address.?

We want assign Onboard NIC IP Address to one Live555 Media Server instance
and PCI NIC card IP Address to another instance of Live555 Media Server
instance

running simultaneously on the same system.

Thanks and regards,

M. Nambirajan